Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Myne Whiteman meets Uche Uwadinachi







Myne...

I first 'met' Uche Uwadinachi through his blog and then Facebook and finally in Nigeria where we really met at several of the events I attended. he was a charming person and his spoken word poetry even more so. He has a trademark poem, Ebony Goddess, which has won him some prizes and which is a joy to watch him perform. His first collection of poetry is Scar in the heart of pain. In this interview, Uche emphasizes that what he does "is not spoken word but spoken word poetry thus that makes it understandable that every poem, any poem can still be performed. My spoken word poetry is my book in its speech act medium- and I always write my poem not like prose, nor like drama but with that riddle that define the oral tradition where the African poetry began. However I still hope to improve on my style of writing."





for more on this interview click here to visit Myne Whiteman Website

2 comments:

  1. loed the interview and you site. though takes awhile to laod.

    check out http://siscocom.com/books/2010/09/13/review-of-dan-browns-da-vinci-code/ for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just seeing this now, great! I will post the audio soon.

    ReplyDelete